суббота, 20 февраля 2016 г.

Online Practice

What are the characteristic features of our modern community? The fist thing that comes to my mind is that IT-technologies "rule" our lives and minds. In other words we live online, for example nowadays you can work online, you can buy different things online and you can even study online! ONLINE, ONLINE, ONLINE!!!!! If you are not online, you are not with us. Do you think that I am not right?! Even my granny spends several hours online every day.)

As for me I also spend my time online, I am studying hard and I want to improve my language skills, so for me online practice is the best way to achieve my goals. So, one of my favourite online platforms is IXL. This is a language platform, where you can find lots of different exersices to broaden your vocabular, grammar and so on.
First of all I believe that online platforms are very usefull because they give you freedom, I mean you can do exersices when and  where you like.
Secondly you can know your results instantly! And concentrate on your weak points, to my mind it is really amazing, when you have immediatle feedback. Usually I am very nervous about my academic results, and when I work with online platforms I am not stressed waiting for my results. It is such a relief!)) More over this is very comfortable for teachers, as they don't have to check our tests and can have more time for preparing to our classes.

On the other hand I can't but mention some drawbacks of practising online... Yes, unfortunately there are some. If you study a foreign language, you must practise your knowledge in communication with REAL PEOPLE. I mean that in communication you do not use only words, you also need to pay attention to intonation, emotions and even face expression. Otherwise the communication won't be successful. Online communications can't provide you with the whole range of emotions.
And if you spend too much time online you may lose your feeling of reality. Just imagine what will happen if your internet connection fails.

In concludion I believe that every person should find the proper balance of reality and online world.
In this case online practising may do you good!




Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий